Everyone loves their chocolate chips right and you might have an entire bag going spare after decorating cakes for easter celebrations. Don’t let them go to waste. Here is a short and simple recipe you can try with some with chocolate chips and ingredients left over in the cupboard. I have added photos which I have used from google but these are not what everything will look like, just a general photo to what it might look like.
Cooking time 10-30 minutes
- 350g/12¼oz unsifted flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of sods
- 1 tsp salt
- 225g/8oz butter
- 175g/6¼oz caster sugar
- 175g/6¼oz soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 350g/12¼oz dark chocolate melted.
1. Preheat your over to 190c (Gas Mark 5)
2. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
3. In another bowl, combine the butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract until creamy. Beat in the eggs. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Don’t forget your chocolate chips right?
4. Melt your dark chocolate and stir in
5. Split the pliable dough into two halves, rolling each out into sausage shapes, approximately 5cm/2in in diameter.
6. Wrap them in cling film and transfer to the refrigerator until ready to use
7. When you are ready to bake the cookies, simply cut the log into slices 2cm/¾in thick and lay on a baking tray, widely spaced apart. Bake for 9-11 minutes.
8. Put on rack, wait till cool and serve
9. Eat cookies
This is Anthony Worrall Thompson’s recipe from Saturday Brunch